Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Mr. Big Dog Juan

Oh Punta Cana. It's hard to write about all the laughs and memories but we really did have a great time. On one of the last nights we went to the Michael Jacson show. No that's not a typo. The MJ impersonator was dead-on, Michael might as well have been up on stage dancing himself. He mimicked all the dance moves perfectly. That night or maybe after the star show there was a pool-side fiesta and Liz competed in cocktail-making and-shaking contest- she should've won!!

The next night we met the Venezuelan boys. They were very funny. I met them while ordering my sangria. Juan fell in "love" with Kristin and from there it was mayhem. At the end of the night Andres, Juan, and Alejandro ended up in Liz and Jackie's room, and Andres snuggled himself right in with Katie and Katie. They lied about their age and girlfriends all night, but what did we care? The words Besos! Besos! were thrown around. And finally I kept telling Andres he was a big pero...which is how they say trouble. but Andres said no, Juan is the dog! "Mr. Big Dog Juan!" You had to be there but we didn't stop laughing all night. Of course I fell for the little one who spoke no English - Jon.

The next day we boarded a plane back for NYC. We landed in yucky, cold, gross, foggy weather. I only got a sunburn on my feet and parts of my legs, so for me it was a success! But I've got many more freckles - it's part of the sun deal.

So to recap....lots of sun and warm weather, a beautiful beach, a swim-up bar, lots of dancing and merengue. Mojitos, vodka limonadas, pina coladas, rum and cokes, sangria. I learned Spanish, I met cute boys, and I swam and snorkeled and drank great coffee. but now i'm back to reality! blech!

No comments: